Feeding Hummers while on vacation - any ideas?

  • James Bartlett
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2006
      Hi Everybody,

      For the last few months I have been enjoying the several hummers that
      regularly visit - and fight over! - the feeder we have in our small back
      yard, but I;m about to go on vacation and am in a real pickle over how to
      keep them supplied with nectar.

      It needs to be changed every four days in this weather, but we're new to the
      neighborhood and I'm not very comfortable in giving my keys to anyone in the
      building, as I don't really know them. I'm also new to Los Angeles, so don't
      really have any friends nearby I can ask either!

      Any suggestions or ideas as to what I can do to make sure my hummers don't
      starve, or give up coming to my feeder because they think I have forgotten
      them?

      Cheers

      James Bartlett, Los Angeles, California

      Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE