Re: [inlandcountybirds] Request for Piping Plover and Blue-footed Booby Updates

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2006
      Mike and Everybody (who hasn't gone, yet),
      In my personal opinion: go to the end of Lincoln Road, take a cooler of 1.5 liter bottles of water, if you have a sunbrella or umbrella, and and a lightweight plastic picnic chair, and just park there. The Booby will show up sooner or later during the course of the day. A lot of people waited for one or two or three hours, left, and THEN the bird plopped down and posed, or flew around in circles.
      Tom
      PS: I want a Red-footed Booby, so that I can have the whole set!

      From: Mike Feighner <feinerVogel94551@...>
      Inlandcountybirds <inlandcountybirds@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [inlandcountybirds] Request for Piping Plover and Blue-footed Booby Updates

      >Birders:
      >
      >Now that "everyone" has seen both the Piping Plover and Blue-footed Booby
      >reports are now few and far between. The last report was on Monday, 14
      >August 2006, and there were "no" reports for Tuesday, 15 August 2006.
      >
      >I am planning on leaving Livermore for the Salton Sea early on Friday
      >morning. All reports are welcome both positive or negative.
      >
      >--
      >Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA, Alameda County

      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

      thomas.miko@...
      thomas_miko@...

      653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
      Claremont, CA 91711
      U.S.A.
      34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

      home: (909) 445-1456
      cell: (626) 390-1935
      work: (323) 226-7855

      FRS radio channel 11 code 22

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
      "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."
      -Oscar Wilde
    • foxzpuffin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2006
        I did go last week and struck out on the Booby. I'm wondering along
        with Mike if there have been any sightings in the last few days. ???

        Paul