Plover Yes, Booby No

  • LeRoy M. Dorman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 6:34 PM
      I arrived at Red Hill about 0813 this morning and found Irene Horiuchi, from
      Huntington Beach, setting up there. We observed the Piping Plover, first
      sitting
      near the waterline on the far side of the spit, then feeding around the
      southern-most
      blind as described earlier. I took some photos and will post if they
      offer any improvement
      over those posted already.

      Around noon I went to the Whitewater delta mouth and hung around for over an
      hour around noon, but saw no sign of the Blue-footed Booby.
      The gate was closed but not locked at that time (see note from Don
      Sutherland
      and Bob Miller on access).

      LeRoy Dorman
      San Diego