Tahoe Blue-Sooty Grouse viewing-photo opportunity

  • Richard Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 11:32 AM
      Our Lake Tahoe Sooty (formerly Blue) Grouse flock
      appears to have successfully raised its young and has
      gotten modestly predictable.

      If anyone wants to see or photograph them, here’s the
      deal.

      1. Email me about when you want to come, and how many.
      I’ll try to keep the group size limited to 3-4 each
      day and send you the address & directions

      2. The birds come and go all day, but are most common
      from about 8 to 11 in the morning and 4-6 in the
      evening. We’ve had up to 4 adults at a time.
      3. We’ll try this for a few weeks and see how it
      works.

      Richard Carlson
      Full-time Birder, Biker and Rotarian
      Part-time Economist