September 16 Santa Barbara Pelagic

  • toddamcgrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2006
      Birders:

      Please join us on the superfast Condor Express for a 10 Hour pelagic
      trip (7:00AM to 5:00PM) on September 16. Mid-September is an
      excellent time to witness the wonderful seabird migration off
      California, as well as to look for rarities.

      Our plan will be to head for the deep waters south and west of San
      Miguel Island. This area is a good place to find Buller's and Flesh-
      footed Shearwaters, Black and Ashy torm-petrel, as well as all 3
      jaegers,South Polar Skua, Sabine's Gull and Arctic Terns.

      A number of rarities have been seen in this area, and we will of
      course keep a sharp lookout for any vagrants.

      The cost of the trip is $105, and reservations can be made by caling
      the Sea Landing at 1-888-77WHALE. Visa Discover and Mastercard are
      all accepted. Lately there has been a trend toward late booking, and
      I would encourage birders to sign up early, as several trips that
      ended up well attended were almost cancelled due to lack of early
      interest.

      I hope we will see you in Santa Barbara!

      Todd McGrath
      SKUA@...
      Marina Del Rey

      The Condor Express is a wonderful boat with a spacious cabin and
      fine Galley. The crew always works hard to ensure that we find the
      birds