Yellow Grobeak lower mandible

  • quail442003
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 10:15 PM
      I spent am afternoon in Albuquerque this past winter foucused on the
      lower mandible of the Yellow Grosbeak. The posted photos of the Inyo
      bird show a very similar grooved large anvil shaped type lower.
      I am posting a copy of the 6/14/06 New Mexico - rare bird posting
      comments regarding the early summer 2006 Arizona Yellow Grosbeak.
      This copy leads to a source of photos of the winter 2006 Albuquerque
      Yellow Grosbeak. Author is Pat Snider who manages the NMEB site.
      Have a good time with this one:
      Rich Cimino
      Pleasanton, Cal.
      ABA member 94566

      "Yes, the Yellow Grosbeak had some kind of groove in his bill. This
      might be shown in Jerry Oldenettel's photo on his web page at
      hometown.aol.com/borealowl mentioned on the NM RBA, by the way.
      Jerry is on our BRC and can be reached also about the bird at
      borealowl@.... I know he really studied the bill thing, and no
      decision has been reached on whether the bird is countable. It will
      be at least a year before it goes thru all the members of the BRC,
      including Dale Zimmerman".

      Rich Cimino