JULY 28 Pelagic Trip

  • Debi Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2006
      Hi, Birders,

      BEAT THE HEAT! Join Shearwater Journeys on our pelagic trip from
      Monterey Bay on Friday, July 28th. This is the first trip of our
      summer/fall season. We should see shearwaters and albatrosses, and who
      knows what "goodies." Summer is the perfect time for a southern
      hemisphere specialty to show up. On one of our past July trips, we
      discovered the first photo-documented record of a Bulwer's Petrel for
      North America! A Brown Booby was seen last week 20-30 miles off Fort
      Ross/Bodega Canyon. Plenty of "elbow room" for the photographers, too.
      Specialties, or not, it will be a great escape from the heat.

      The trip runs from 7 am to 3 pm, departing from Fishermans' Wharf in
      Monterey. Leaders are: Luke Cole, Alan Hopkins, Jennifer Green, Brian
      Sullivan, and Debra Shearwater.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi

      Debra Love Shearwater