(fwd) Re: [NBB] Gyrfalcon photos

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      Mark Eaton has explained why the links from email don't work to view
      the photos. You have to go to http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups and
      sign in unless you have set a persistent cookie with Yahoo! To set a
      persistent cookie, check "Remember my ID on this computer" when you
      sign in.

      On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 10:00:19 -0800, "Mark W. Eaton"
      <mweaton@...> wrote:

      Joseph Morlan wrote:

      > Some people have written that they cannot view the Gyrfalcon photos on
      > North Bay Birds, so I have uploaded them to CalBirds. I believe the
      > URL is:

      > If you have trouble, select photos from the menu on the left of the
      > CalBirds main web page.
      >
      > Can anybody explain why some members of North Bay Birds cannot view
      > the photos?

      You have to be logged in to the browser window which is used to view
      the photos. By default, if you open a new browser window from email,
      which is typical, you won't be logged in. You need separately to log
      in, then hit refresh to get to the photos. This is because
      YahooGroups uses cookies to ensure that you've logged in and to
      eliminate 'bots from scavenging the information in the mailing list
      archives. Non-members will not be able to see the photos under any
      circumstances.

      BTW, Calbirds members will see exactly the same behavior as NBB
      members; it's symptomatic of all YahooGroups, not just NBB.

      It's a GYRF all right...

      Mark
      --
      Mark Eaton
      mailto:mweaton@...

      "Montepulciano, the grape, is cultivated widely in Italy, mostly in
      the east from the central Marches region south through Abruzzi to
      Apulia. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is the red wine made from the
      montepulciano grape in Abruzzi, which the Italians call Abruzzo."
      ERIC ASIMOV

      --
      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044: mailto:jmorlan@...
      California Birding, mystery birds: http://fog.ccsf.org/~jmorlan/