Swainson's Thrush still singing

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11 8:04 AM
      At 2:54 PM +0000 7/11/06, Daniel Edelstein wrote:
      >My query is to you: Are your CA-based Swainson's still singing? Or
      >only calling? Or totally mute and zipped?

      As of last week (06 July 2006) in Ventura County's Santa Clara River,
      "our" SWAINSON'S THRUSHES were singing and calling; on Sunday this
      week, there was at least calling, but I was not at my assured
      location during "song" time of day [early or late in day] near
      Hedrick Ranch Nature Area outside Santa Paula.

      Jim Greaves
      Santa Barbara