Yellow-crowned Night-Heron

  • Guy McCaskie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2006
      Today I checked the Yellow-crowned Night-Heron nest on Caspian Way in Imperial Beach. Two juveniles were still standing on and beside the nest, and the third juvenile was perched in an adjacent tree - I guess we can say that the nesting was successful, and the young fledged - first confirmed nesting for Yellow-crowned Night-Heron in California.

      Guy McCaskie
      954 Grove Avenue
      Imperial Beach, CA 91932
      619-423-7524

    • borodayko2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
        On 20 Nov, 2012,I photographed the Yellow-crowned Night-Heron that has been hanging out at Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in Huntington Beach. I shoot slides so it takes a while to get my results. I posted an image in the Waders folder and it can be viewed temporarily in the New photos folder.

        Enjoy, Al Borodayko
        Cypress, CA