Mono County BBS routes available

  • Jeff Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 4:02 PM
      Hi, Calbirders.

      I'm looking for a volunteer to take over two Breeding Bird Survey
      routes in southern Mono County that I no longer have time to run.
      One route goes by Crowley Lake through Long Valley; the other wends
      over the Benton Range and up Adobe Valley. Both offer spectacular
      scenery, including snowy peaks of the eastern Sierra, and fabulous
      birds. Breeding bird highlights include Greater Sage-Grouse, Willet,
      Wilson's Snipe, Wilson's Phalarope, Common Nighthawk, Gray
      Flycatcher, Pinyon Jay, Black-billed Magpie, Green-tailed Towhee,
      Brewer's Sparrow, Vesper Sparrow, and Sage Sparrow.

      If you're interested, have good hearing, and know or are willing to
      learn the songs and calls of these and other transmontane birds,
      please let me know. These routes should be run in early June.