Tahoe birds

  • Kevin Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      CALBIRDS,
      I've returned from 5 days camping,26-20 June, at Sugar
      Pine State Park, Lake Tahoe, CA. Highlights included:
      White-headed Woodpecker the most common woodpecker(a
      cavity tree at south end mansion/grass area); seven
      species of woodpeckers. 4 pairs of Black-backed
      Woodpeckers at various locations in the state park, no Red
      Crossbills detected, Mountain Quail were much further up
      General Ck watershed this year (heard only, as in the
      past). One female AMERICAN REDSTART foraging in
      alder/willow riparian, but was consuming, so don't think
      it was a nester. Location was at first bridge above
      campground on General Ck. Fox Sparrow, Western Tanager,
      and Nashville Warbler also very common.

      Kevin Spencer
      rriparia@...

      This message was scanned by Symantec Mail Security for SMTP for viruses.