HORNED PUFFIN Mendocino County

  • l_limosa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      Calbirders,

      I am currently in the presence of an adult, non-breeding HORNED PUFFIN off Laguna Point in MacKerricher SP, just north of Fort Bragg off Hwy 1.

      This was first found yestrday by David Jensen and posted to the Mendobirds list.

      Best viewing is by parking at Lake Cleone (in the park) and walking across the road and up on the dunes/walking trail proceeding right (north). The bird has been hanging around the group of exposed wrack-covered rocks that form the northern "rim" of the cove.

      Thank you to Mr. Jensen for posting!

      Good Luck,

      Steve

      Steve Abbott