Re: [CALBIRDS] Re: RFI: Point Reyes and surrounding area

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 12:29 PM
      On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:58:28 -0700 (PDT), "Richard Carlson"
      <rccarl@...> wrote:

      >...but for just plain birding you'll
      >see more species with less driving heading south of
      >SF. The San Mateo coast has nearly all of what you're
      >looking for.

      Visiting birders should be aware that Hwy 1 has been closed at Devils Slide
      since April and is not expected to re-open until sometime in September.

      http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/stormdamageroute1/

      One can still get to Half Moon Bay via I 280 and 92, but it takes a while
      longer.

      --
      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
      Fall Birding Classes start Sept 6 http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/