Re: [CALBIRDS] Oldsquaw or Long-tailed Duck

  • Mark W. Eaton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      Douglas Aguillard wrote:

      > I know that the A.O.U. was suppose to look into changing the name of the
      > Oldsquaw to Long-tailed Duck, but I heard it was not accepted, and I see
      > people continuing to call it Long-tailed. So what's the scoop? What was the
      > decision of the A.O.U.

      Clangula hyemalis is listed as having the common name Long-tailed Duck on
      the AOU checklist posted on their web site at:

      http://www.aou.org/aou/birdlist.pdf

      Mark

      --
      Mark Eaton
      mailto:mweaton@...

      "Montepulciano, the grape, is cultivated widely in Italy, mostly in the
      east from the central Marches region south through Abruzzi to
      Apulia. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is the red wine made from the
      montepulciano grape in Abruzzi, which the Italians call Abruzzo."
      ERIC ASIMOV