Trip advice for Yosemite + Spotted doves

  • Morgan Churchill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      Hello. Several friends and I are heading to a wedding next weekend in
      Yosemite NP, and were planning to spend several days birding the
      area. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on places to bird in
      the park? We would like to focus on montane birds (Cassin's Finch,
      Nutcracker, Blue Grouse, Dipper, ect). Are there any trails or
      specific areas of the park which people would recommend for birding?

      We were also planning on driving through Bakersfield on the way north.
      Are Spotted Doves still present there, and if so, where?

      Thanks in advance for and suggestions and advice
      --
      Morgan Churchill
      San Diego (SDSU area)