Re: [CALBIRDS] Hooded Warblers in California

  • tiffymm@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2006
      I realy hope this little guy finds a mate. His singing his heart out with no response is a bit heartbreaking!

      Tiffany Erickson
      Windsor, CA

      From: Jim <lbvi.man@...>

      Hooded Warblers have bred in the state, and we are getting close to
      the time when, 2 summers ago, we had a nesting pair in Santa Barbara
      County, so keep an eye out for a female! See part way down my page
      below for record shot of female on nest (it was, unfortunately,
      parasitized with 2 cowbird eggs, had 3 HOWA eggs which had been
      pierced and later dried out, and subsequently failed):
      http://mysite.verizon.net/res1u8vm/warblers1.html

      Jim Greaves
      Santa Barbara