Hooded Warbler

  • Jon Winter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2006
      Again the Hooded Warbler remains at Spring Lake. It was see this evening about 19:00 (6/20) in the same place mentioned by Ruth Rudesill and Daniel Edlestein. It was singing and remained in the area around the stagnant pond which is not far from the Raymond Jordon memorial bench.

      Jon Winter

    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
        Howdy,
        On my way north after birding the Salton Sea yesterday, I stopped at Morongo Valley preserve at about 10 am and found a female Hooded Warbler. It was calling a lot but did not come out for a nice photo shot...but it was viewable in the willows on the Marsh Trail. Todd Easterla looked for it about an hour later and couldn't refind it.

        John

        John Sterling

        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695

        530-668-1985 (home)
        530-908-3836 (cell)
        ani@...

      • Douglas Aguillard
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2015

          This morning on Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, I had either a young male or a female Hooded Warbler land at my feet, and before I could snap an image, it flew. I was standing on a bluff overlooking "Red Beach", off of Las Pulgas Road. This is not public accessible.

          Doug Aguillard
          San Diego County
          Dwaguillard@...

        • Don Hoechlin
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2016
            Sad Dune park - Male Hooded Warbler still present at 9:00 and seen from bathroom area - lower portion of park. Also had Olive-sided Flycatcher and Hermit Warbler and Western Wood Pewee. Don Hoechlin. Costa Mesa.

            Sent from my iPhone