Re: [CALBIRDS] Anna's Hummingbird dispersal

  • Richard Carlson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      I see Anna's regularly at my Tahoe cabin's feeders at 6700 ft. I have not
      seen them out in the higher mountain meadows where Rufous abound in August.
      Since Rufous are even more altitude and cold tolerant than Anna's, I assume
      Rufous are more common dispersants to places like Minnesota.

      Richard C. Carlson
      A native Minnesotan Living temporarily in California since 1975.
      Full Time Birder, Biker & Rotary Bureaucrat
      Part-time Economist
      Palo Alto & Lake Tahoe, CA
      rccarl@...
      650-949-9590