Yosemite visit

  • John Morgan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2006
      Hi everybody, I'll be visiting Yosemite Valley from Sunday to Tuesday
      and I was wondering if anybody knew where to find some great birds!
      From roosting owl spots, to warbler locations I'll take any sort of
      info. Thanks!

      John Morgan
      San Diego
    • Ed Stonick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2006
        Hi John!

        Hodgden Meadows campground (right at the park's west entrance) usually has
        breeding Spotted and Great Gray Owls. There are lots of other good resident
        birds in that area as well. A few miles further towards the valley is Crane
        Flats campground. There is a large meadow just beyond the store/service
        station parking lot that often has the Great Grays as well. If possible,
        gas up before you get there. A year ago, gas prices in and around the park
        were well over $3.00, so imagine what they'll be now!

        Regards,

        Ed

        Ed Stonick

        Pasadena, CA