Upland Sandpiper and Northern Cardinal

  • erpfromca@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9 10:55 AM
      As mentioned by Daryl, the Upland Sandpiper continues at Galileo Hill. For
      those considering a visit, keep this in mind. On at least three days, the bird
      has been unable to be found in the late afternoon to evening. Cliff Hawley
      and I spent over three hours looking Wednesday from 5:30PM to dark, so your
      best bet might be morning.

      The Blythe Northern Cardinal was singing at 5:30AM on Thursday at the
      location posted on Inlandcounty birds by Roger Higson. Take Hwy 78 exit from I-10,
      go south and almost immediately turn right (west) on one of the little
      patches of blacktop into an expanse of mesquite. The bird was initially singing
      about 400 meters to the West in the mesquite. After a while it moved closer to
      Hwy 78 before coming to feed at the house along the road just to the South.

      As Roger has urged, be considerate of the residents and bring them some seed.

      Ed Pandolfino
      Carmichael, CA

    • Feighner, Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9 11:20 AM
        Are there reports of the Upland Sandpiper at Galileo Hill for today, day
        6? If so, I am hoping for a day 7.

        --
        Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA, Alameda County