RFI: Yuba Pass Black-backed Woodpecker

  • Matthew Dodder
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2006
      All,

      I was wondering if anyone had been up to Yuba Pass to investigate the Black-backed
      Woodpecker this season yet. I'll be heading up next weekend so I'd love to hear
      if anyone had had luck finding the bird, or better yet, the nest. I assume the
      place to look first would be around the campground meadow and along the road where
      it nested last year.

      If anyone has any additional information, or suggestions, please feel free to email
      me directly if you would prefer. Obviously, reports from the area regarding other
      birds are very welcome too.

      Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

      Matthew Dodder
      Mountain View, CA
      http://www.birdguy.net