Upland Sandpiper still there

  • Jim Lomax
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2006
      Birders and assorted other interested parties,

      This morning at 6:45 AM, Todd and Tanner Easterla refound the UPLAND SANDPIPER in Galileo Hills at the soccer field. But within minutes, it flew over the road and landed on the grass by the big pond/lake with the three gazebos a little northwest of the soccer field. It was there at 8:15 AM when I arrived and almost noon when Tom Miko and Dick Norton saw it. So be aware that it moves around a litte during the day. I had arrived yesterday at 4:30 PM and never saw the bird before it got dark.

      Jim Lomax
      Solitary Birder
      from No Particular Place

    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2006
        On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:16:41 -0700, "Jim Lomax" <B13DS@...> wrote:

        >This morning at 6:45 AM, Todd and Tanner Easterla refound the UPLAND SANDPIPER in Galileo Hills at the soccer field.

        Thanks to a contribution by Ken Kyle, a photo of this bird is available at:

        http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/gallery.htm

        Enjoy!

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
        Fall Birding Classes start Sept 6 http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/