Resident Bird Counts Revived

  • Tom Gardali
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2006
      FYI. I encourage you submit 2001-2002 data and/or start new surveys.

      RESIDENT BIRD COUNTS REVIVED. Bird Populations, now an entirely electronic
      journal published by The Institute for Bird Populations, will be publishing
      the Breeding Bird Census and Winter Bird Population Study; these counts have
      been ongoing since in 1937 and 1948, respectively, and have been published
      by various organizations and societies over their long history (see history
      in J. Field Ornithol. Supplement 1989). While the counts have not been
      published since 1996, many researchers have continued to collect and submit
      these data to the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology. To revive the
      publication, Bird Populations will start by publishing only the Breeding
      Bird Census from 2001 and 2002 - a time series consistent with other studies
      in the upcoming issue. We invite you to submit any outstanding reports from
      those years to Jim Lowe, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, 159 Sapsucker
      Woods Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850; due by 1 July 2006. Data forms and
      instructions can be obtained by emailing Tom Gardali, PRBO Conservation
      Science (tgardali@...). Thank you very much. Editors Tom Gardali and
      Jim Lowe.

      New mailing address:

      Thomas Gardali