Paul DeBenedictis 1942-2006

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2006
      Birders,

      I just learned the sad news that Paul DeBenedictis died May 3, 2006. I
      knew him as a colleague, coauthor and occasional birding companion. Many
      years ago, it was my great privilege to show him his lifer Spotted Owl.

      I remember his wonderful contributions to "Birding" magazine where he
      founded the "Gleanings from the Technical Literature" column. He was
      brilliant, thoughtful, and set the highest standards for those he mentored.

      An obituary is at:

      <http://www.legacy.com/contracostatimes/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=17819311>

      --
      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
      Fall Birding Classes start Sept 6 http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/