BT Curlew in Oregon

  • Lori Conrad
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2006
      Calbirders,

      I'm putting this post through in edited form. Further details of the Oregon bird are available on the OBOL archives and at www.birdingonthe.net. Although nominally off topic, the last time Bristle-thighed Curlews showed up in Oregon, there were also sightings near Crescent City and on Point Reyes. The relevance to Calbirds is that we should check all Whimbrels here in this state very carefully.

      That said, this thread is officially closed as the subject bird is out of state. If you find BTCU here in California, however, post your finding as soon as possible.

      Steve Sosensky, Moderator
      Toluca Lake

      --------------

      Hi All

      Below is a posting from OBOL (Oregon birds) for those who may want to chase this bird. I know this message will not be archived due to it's non CA subject matter, but I'm sure that there are people out there who might not find out about this any other way, so my forwarding was worth it! Good luck!

      Lori Conrad
      Hermosa Beach, CA

      Subject: RBA: BRISTLE-THIGHED CURLEW: Sunset Beach, Clatsop Co.!!!!!!!
      From: "David C. Bailey" <baileydc AT pdx.edu>
      Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:40:00 -0700

      Monday 22 May 2006
      Sunset Beach, exacty1.1 mile north of the auto entrance at Sunset Beach 13:50-14:05 and still there when I left to alert.

      David