Birding San Diego area

  • theaxemanxxx
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2006
      Dear member,
      Hi there, my partner and I, from the U.K, will be
      touring Southern California at the end of May into June. Although not
      primarily a birding trip we will be trying to see as many species as
      possible and would like some advice on birding the San Diego area.
      After all the desert species it would be nice to add a few coastal
      ones as well, and would welcome suggestions for 1 or 2 easily
      accesable sites offering gulls, terns and waders(shorebirds)etc in the
      San Diego area or along highway 5 towards L.A. Also we would both
      dearly love to see Vermilion flycatcher en-route, are there any sites
      that offer a good chance, we shall be visiting Death valley, Mojave,
      Joshua tree, Palm springs and the Salton sea.

      Many thanks & good birding,
      Ashley Gooding
      Ipswich
      England.