Re: Bullock's Oriole

  • Jamie Mullin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7 10:58 AM
      Rick,

      Hi I live in Groveland, also in Tuolomne County I
      spotted 1 Bullock's Oriole (At least I think that is
      what it was (I'm new to birding so my ID's may not be
      100%) in my front yard tree a few days ago. Maybe
      their late arrival is due to the 70+ inches of rain we
      have gotten so far this year. I sent you a photo that I got of the
      Oriole I saw.
      Jamie Mullin
      Groveland, CA

      --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "radioric83" <radioric83@...> wrote:

      > Where are the Bullock's Oriole? I live in the Sierra foothills,
      > Tuolumne county CA, and have been a bird watcher for some twenty
      > years. Through out this time I have observed the return of the
      > Orioles during the last week of march, here it is, the first week
      of
      > may and I have yet to see, or hear an Oriole. Has anybody noticed
      > this, or have they seen any orioles this spring?
      >

      > Rick Hoppe
      > Sonora, Ca

    • Douglas Herr
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 12:13 PM
        On May 7, 2006, at 9:03 AM, radioric83 wrote:

        > Where are the Bullock's Oriole?

        I had one this AM in Sacramento County at Ancil Hoffman park, along the
        American River.

        Doug Herr
        Sacramento
        http://www.wildlightphoto.com
      • Marilyn Wojcik
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2011
          First of season Bullock's Oriole in Contra Costa County, Concord, CA, right
          in our backyard this morning.

          Marilyn Wojcik

          925-766-2732