photos from two California pelagic trips

  • Glen Tepke
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2006
      Here are some photos from two California pelagic trips I took a couple
      of weeks ago. The first, on 22 April, was a 14-hour "Murphy's Petrel
      Search" from Santa Barbara to the San Juan Seamount about 120 miles (190
      km) to the southwest on the edge of the continental shelf, sponsored by
      the Los Angeles Audubon Society . We didn't see any Murphy's Petrels,
      but it was a good trip nonetheless.

      The second trip the following day was a much shorter excursion out of
      Monterey, offered by Monterey Seabirds as part of a series of events
      marking the opening of a local museum exhibit on the life of Rollo Beck,
      a prolific collector of museum specimens who worked in the late 19th and
      early 20th centuries. That trip was also very productive.

      Sorry for the late post, but between the two trips I took about 1,500
      shots, and it took a while to sort through them and post the best.

      http://www.pbase.com/gtepke/pelagic_0604_sb

      http://www.pbase.com/gtepke/pelagic_0604_mty

      Glen Tepke
      Oakland, California, USA