Unknown bird please help...Folow UP...may be a...

  • Jamie Mullin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2006
      Golden Crowned Sparrow? It looks like the photo but the range for CA
      is a little off. I thought they were only in CA in the winter months,
      so I was not expecting to see this bird now. Cool! If that is indeed
      what it is!
      Jamie Mullin
      Groveland, CA
    • Jim Greaves
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2006
        It is safe to ID GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS this late -- I photographed
        2 near Somis in Ventura County, yesterday (05 May 2006, 13th
        Amendment Day) at same spot where I saw 2 on 4-29-06 - Jim Greaves,
        Santa Barbara