Monterey Seabirds May 21

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2006
      Monterey Seabirds' first full day trip is coming up on Sunday, May 21.
      Cost is $85 per person. Dan Singer and Todd Easterla will be our spotters.

      This last week ASHY and FORK-TAILED STORM PETRELS have been reported by
      our skipper Richard Ternullo along with a MANX SHEARWATER.

      On our May of 2005 outing we had sightings of a pair of LEACH’S
      STORM-PETRELS, a MANX SHEARWATER, YELLOW-BILLED LOON, ARTIC TERN and
      SABINE’S GULL.

      Highlights of our 2004 May trip were 3 FLESH-FOOTED SHEARWATERS. We also
      witnessed one of the most spectacular predator-prey interactions on
      earth when we watched fifteen Killer Whales attack a Gray Whale and her
      calf. (Video of that attack will be aired on a National Geographic
      Channel program in October) May is the best time to encounter Killer
      Whales going after Gray Whales in the bay.

      Those trip reports with photos are at:
      http://www.montereyseabirds.com/SeabirdTripReports.htm

      Call 831 375-4658 to reserve or use the online reservation form at the
      bottom of the page at http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Again this year we will offer a free trip for every three you take. We
      will also continue our policy of limiting the group size. This is to
      ensure the comfort and safety for all on board and guarantee every
      participant a place at the rail and a place to sit.

      See what’s different about Monterey Seabirds at:

      http://www.montereyseabirds.com/AboutMontereySeabirds.htm

      Cheers,
      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds
      Soquel Canyon, CA