White Night Bird

  • Greer Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2006
      Hello All,

      A few days ago I was driving down 138, headed from Wrightwood to the I5 Fwy. (Desert foothills) It was about 11:30pm and very large white bird flew overhead. The wing span was about 2-3 feet. I thought it might be an egret, but the location did not seem right. Any thoughts?

      Elizabeth Greer, 836 Orizaba Ave, LB 90804, 562-438-1437

    • Laura Vance
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
        --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, Greer Elizabeth <eagreer2001@...>
        wrote:

        > A few days ago I was driving down 138, headed from Wrightwood to
        the I5 Fwy. (Desert foothills) It was about 11:30pm and very large
        white bird flew overhead. The wing span was about 2-3 feet. I thought
        it might be an egret, but the location did not seem right. Any thoughts?

        Elizabeth,

        Barn Owls can look very white at night.

        Laura Vance
        Saugus, CA