Emperor Goose Del Norte

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 7:14 PM
      Birders,

      As an exclamation point to the successful Crescent City Aleutian Goose
      Festival. An EMPEROR GOOSE is in Del Norte Adult single with Aleutian
      Cackling Geese. It was first reported 4/2 and photographed again 4/8.

      Heavy rain made the birding tough, but there certainly were plenty of geese.

      Yours Rob

      Chairman, Godwit Days Steering Committee

      www.godwitdays.com

      April 21-23, April 2006

      Keynote Speaker: John Fitzpatrick

      Director, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

      Subject: RE: Emperor Goose seen on Sunday!!

      Thanks for the information. I was hoping it might be.

      The photo was taken on Sunday 4/2/06 about 5:30PM. The location which I am
      sure you already have is the end of Lower Lake road, just before I got to
      the parking lot for Yontucket at north Tolowa Dunes.

      That was definitely my lucky day.

      Mike Fehr

      _____

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 9:23 AM
        On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:14:02 -0700, "Robert Hewitt" <lbjent@...>
        wrote:

        >An EMPEROR GOOSE is in Del Norte Adult single with Aleutian
        >Cackling Geese. It was first reported 4/2 and photographed again 4/8.

        Thanks to a contribution by Owen Head, two photos of this bird can be seen
        at:

        http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/gallery.htm

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
        Birding Classes start Mar 28 in SF http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/