Re: [CALBIRDS] Mystery Sparrow

  • Terence Brashear
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
      First words out my mouth with out reading the
      description - Savannah Sparrow. Looks a lot like the
      birds we see here in Minnesota.

      Regards,

      Terry

      Terry Brashear
      Hennepin County, MN
      http://www.naturepixels.com
      birdnird AT yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Feather Forestwalker
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2006
        Looks like a Savannah; try the "Grayish" variety as shown on page 490 of Sibley's Guide to Birds...

        Feather

        PS. I also saw in that bird a Vesper AND a Baird's, so. . .interesting - the wing coverts were the only feature that really stood out for me as being Savannah.