CA counties project - photo gallery & county overviews

  • Don Roberson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2006
      A new project is up on my web pages featuring California's 58 counties
      and two island groups. It serves both as a personal photo gallery and as
      a short overview introduction to birding in each of these 60
      jurisdictions. It is intended that each county should be represented by
      the short summary, up to 3 bird photos, and up to 3 scenic shots. The
      portal to the project is at
      http://montereybay.com/creagrus/CAcounties.html

      The project allows me to show bird photos taken over the last 35 years
      (back to 1972; back even further for scenics). It is a personal photo
      gallery: although I often seek photos from others for many projects,
      this is not one of them. You'll find that I don't yet have photos of
      birds in 8 CA counties . . . I'll try to remedy this in the next
      half-year, so you'll find that the project will be updated from time to
      time. It has taken several months to put this together, but it was a
      happy saunter through memory lane to do so. I hope it is both enjoyable
      to view, and useful to read. Here and there I delve into the history of
      county boundaries in the summaries, one of many fascinating facets to CA
      county birding.

      Don Roberson
      Pacific Grove CA