North American Birds - Fall Migration Period

  • Guy McCaskie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2001
      County Coordinators/Contributors:

      The Fall Migration Season (1 August through 30 November) is ended, and we solicit reports for inclusion in the Southern Pacific Coast Region of NORTH AMERICAN BIRDS. Reports should be arranged with species in the taxonomic order followed by the American Ornithologists Union (Check-List of North American Birds 1998) and the American Birding Association (ABA Checklist 1996, modified by Supplements published in BIRDING). Reports of species included on the California Bird Records Committee (CBRC) review list (Field List of California Birds 2000, obtainable through Western Field Ornithologists at 6011 Saddletree Lane, Yorba Linda, CA 92886 www.wfo.cbrc.org) must be accompanied by documentation (written description, photographs, etc.). Similar documentation should also accompany reports of species unusual for the location or season. Full names, with all initials, should be used in the reports (this reduces the potential for different observers having the same initials, and makes it simpler to acknowledge contributors). Without input from those birding in the Region (SLO, KER and INY south to SD and IMP), the Seasonal Reports can not be written. We thank you for your continued support.

      Reports should be sent to the appropriate County Coordinators (listed below) or directly to Guy McCaskie. Reports for this season must be received prior to 20 December 2001.

      Eugene A. Cardiff (San Bernardino County)
      2736 Court Street
      Rialto, CA 92376

      Elizabeth Copper (San Diego County)
      227 "F" Avenue
      Coronado, CA 92118
      ecopper@...

      David Compton (Santa Barbara County)
      PO Box 24152
      Santa Barbara, CA 93121
      davcompton@...

      Tom M. Edell (San Luis Obispo County)
      46 8th Street
      Cayucos, CA 93430
      tedell@...

      Kimball L. Garrett (Los Angeles County)
      900 Exposition Boulevard
      Los Angeles, CA 90007
      kgarrett@...

      Tom and Jo Heindel (Inyo County)
      PO Box 400
      Big Pine, CA 93513
      tjheindel@...

      Guy McCaskie (Imperial County)
      954 Grove Avenue
      Imperial Beach, CA 91932
      guymcc@...

      Robert L. McKernan (Riverside County)
      San Bernardino County Museum
      2024 Orange Tree Lane
      Redlands, CA 92374
      mckernan@...-bernardino.ca.us

      Walter Wehtje (Ventura County)
      2286 Barbara Drive
      Camarillo, CA 93012
      wehtje@...

      Douglas R. Willick (Orange County)
      2730 E. Whidby Lane
      Anaheim, CA 92806
      d_willick@...

      John C. Wilson (Kern County)
      1425 Alta Vista Drive
      Bakersfield, CA 93305
      jcwilson@...

      We thank you in advance for your time and effort.

      Guy McCaskie and Kimball L. Garrett.