Anyone seeing the Crested Caracara around Santa Cruz?

  • Judy Meredith
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
      Hi Calbirds.
      Today in western central Oregon someone reported a brief but
      close up view of a Crested Caracara. I am just wondering if
      the bird that was in Santa Cruz this winter is still being seen.
      Perhaps the bird that was in Oregon on the southern coast last
      fall went next to Santa Cruz and is now back in Oregon, but
      we would have to match dates to get any idea of that possibility.

      Well, so the question is only, when was the last sighting
      of the Crested Caracara near Santa Cruz? Or is it still being
      seen?
      Thanks,
      Judy Meredith
      jmeredit@...
    • dsuddjian@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
        In a message dated 3/8/2006 8:29:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        jmeredit@... writes:

        Well, so the question is only, when was the last sighting
        of the Crested Caracara near Santa Cruz? Or is it still being
        seen?

        Yes, the caracara is still present in the Davenport area of Santa Cruz
        County as of this week.

        David Suddjian
        Capitola CA
        dsuddjian@...
        Santa Cruz Bird Club
        Bird Records Keeper
        Bird Club Website: _www.santacruzbirdclub.org_ (http://www.santa/)
        County birding guide: _www.santacruzbirdingguide.org_
        (http://www.santacruzbirding.org/)

      • debbie viess
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
          Wow, two caracara on the west coast? who's their travel agent?
          Debbie Viess
          Oakland, CA