Slaty-backed Gulls back in Half Moon Bay.

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2006
      Birders

      For the folks not on Peninsula Birds, Ron Thorn had two adult Slaty-backed
      Gulls today in the Half Moon Bay, flock. He gave me a shout and I arrived
      after the birds had flown. Luckily we spotted a different, second cycle,
      individual which is the top one on my page:

      http://www.coastside.net/chucao/gulls/Slatyback.htm

      This appears to be the same bird first seen in December here, it has not
      been around for nearly two months. Or at least it has not been seen for at
      least two months! Being conservative, but assuming the first year birds are
      correctly identified, we are up to 9 birds this winter and perhaps the
      number is as high as 11.

      This is the second day this winter where three different Slaty-backed Gulls
      were seen in the flock in one day!

      Good birding

      Al

      Alvaro Jaramillo