Waller Park Grace's, Pine and Palm Warblers Continue

  • Jamie Chavez
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2006
      The Waller Park GRACE'S WARBLER, and PALM WARBLER were present early this morning around Area 3 as previously reported. Oscar Johnson, Adam Searcy and I had good looks at the Grace's in the lower and mid level pines early and again before I left around 10:00 am. I just received a call from Oscar saying he and other visiting birders located the PINE WARBLER way, way up in the pines immediately across from the Area 3 dirt parking space. This bird was seen by several but will prove to be extremely difficult to re-locate given it's propensity for high level foraging.

      For those wishing to chase, Waller Park is located in Santa Maria, Santa Barbara County. Enter the park from South Broadway in Santa Maria at Waller Lane. Take the frontage road (Orcutt Rd.) to enter the park. Drive approximately to the center of the park beyond the first restroom building. Area 3 is on the left and is marked with a sign in front of the bar-be-que area and picnic tables. The Grace's Warbler has been consistently seen in this vicinity. Other birds present in the park are Golden-crowned Kinglets, Chipping Sparrows and a few Pygmy Nuthatches.

      Waller Park:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3000+Orcutt+Rd.,+Santa+Maria,+CA+93455&hl=en

      Bird often,
      Jamie M. Chavez