Humboldt County Iceland gull update

  • Ken Burton
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2006
      This morning, Rob Hewitt and I looked for the reported first-cycle Kumlien's Iceland gull at the mouth of Redwood Creek in Orick. We saw what may have been a different bird that fit the description of Kumlien's even better than the one photographed by Kerry Ross and Rob Fowler yesterday. The bird we saw seemed to have paler primaries, tail, and head and a finer bill.

      Ken Burton
      McKinleyville

    • Kay Loughman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2006
        The Tufted Duck, seen intermittently for several weeks in Vallejo's
        White Slough, was refound today. The bird, in the company of several
        female scaup, was observed at 12:50 pm (high tide) from the Sereno St.
        access to the slough.

        Kay Loughman
        Berkeley