RE: [CALBIRDS] SB Gull,s Rock Sandp, Mute Swans

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2006
      Thomas

      RE: Slaty-backed Gull. It is just tough and you need luck. There are
      plenty of times I go out, morning or afternoon and do not see one, the
      majority of times actually. Recently there have been more sightings in
      morning to mid day, but that may be due to more folks coming out in the
      morning than later on. Really any time, but numbers are highest real early
      in morning, or later in afternoon. Avoid Sundays, the dump is closed and
      gulls disperse. If you can, choose an overcast day before or after a storm,
      gull numbers highest then, but this week has been sunny and Slaty-backs have
      been seen.

      Sorry I can't be more helpful.

      Al

      Alvaro Jaramillo