Shoveler at The Lakes in Atascadero

  • Paul S. Highland
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006
      As my daughter and I were walking around one of the lakes at that particular development on Monday,
      I saw a duck that looked different from the rest. Upon viewing it through my binoculars, I saw that
      it was a male Shoveler, first one I've ever seen. Also there were several Buffleheads and Common
      Goldeneyes, a pair of Mallards, a couple of Pied-billed Grebes, one Mute Swan, and the usual mob of
      Coots. The Ruddy Ducks seem to have taken off for parts unknown.

      === Paul H! in AtasCal