Re: [CALBIRDS] California Condors in South Montery County

  • DaveSFV@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2006
      Hi. I don't know who #3 would be but #14 would be 214, a 6 year old female
      who often takes long trips away from Hopper Mtn. If the #21 is correct then
      that would be AC9 an original wild captured condor born in 1980. AC9 often
      takes long trips away from Hopper Mtn but usually to the Sierras which is this
      bird's original haunt. AC9 has been currently observed in courtship displays
      and will probably mate with 192 a 8 year old female with whom he mated with
      last year. They produced an egg which hatched, but the young chick fell out
      of the nest and broke a wing, and was returned back into the captive breeding
      program.

      Dave Anderberg
      Tujunga