California Slaty-backed Gull update.

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2006
      Birders

      Today, three different Slaty-backed Gulls were seen at the Half Moon Bay
      flock, all photographed. Two were new birds. Thus far we have had:
      2 adults, 1 3d cycle, 3 second cycles, 2 first cycle candidates = 8
      individuals this winter. Of course this is insane, but then California has
      always been kind of crazy. A ninth individual was at Alviso, Santa Clara
      County a few weeks ago and has not been re-located yet.

      Here is the site for those who want to see more photos:

      http://www.coastside.net/chucao/gulls/Slatyback.htm

      Today's second cycle bird:
      http://www.coastside.net/chucao/gulls/Slatyback.htm#second06

      This was the least obvious of the post first cycle birds thus far, and
      certainly could easily be overlooked.

      I apologize for how large and unwieldy this site has become, but a re-do
      won't be done until the winter is over unfortunately.

      Good birding

      Al

      Alvaro Jaramillo
      chucao@...