Slaty-backed Gull images

  • Dan Singer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      Birders,

      I've posted a few photographs of the second-cycle Slaty-backed Gull seen on 27 Jan 2006 at Venice Beach in Half Moon Bay. This bird was found by Marshall Illiff. Other observers who studied this bird were Matt Heindel, Guy McCaskie, Scott Terrill and Linda Terrill. As an aside, this was a state bird for Guy and his list is, I believe, now at or exceeding 600. Wow!

      Note that this is a different individual than the one Al Jaramillo found on 19 Dec 2005 and seen a couple of times since by Ron Thorn.

      27 Jan 06 bird: http://www.pbase.com/larus33

      19 Dec 05 bird: http://www.coastside.net/chucao/gulls/Slatyback.htm#second05

      Dan Singer
      Pacifica, CA