Antelope Valley birding

  • alfmo2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      Howdy all- sorry for the late post.
      Went to the Antelope Valley yesterday Feb. first specifically
      to look for owls.
      On our search we went to a field located at 80th st E and D
      Avenue, on the s/e corner, we saw about a dozen Mountain Plovers.
      On the north side in the air base fence we saw a Sage Thrasher,
      along with some Horned-larks going from the field to the airbase.
      Avenue D is a dirt road but very good to drive on.
      Good birding.
      Al Moreno
      Downey, Ca