Bald Eagle

  • Darla Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      I went on a birding boat trip (January 14th 2006) to South Shore
      Camanche Lake, CA and saw my first pair of bald eagles perched on this
      huge nest. I also saw 3 to 4 juvenile bald eagles soaring the sky with
      turkey vultures and some perched along the lake. When we came close to
      them they flew away. There was allot of birdviewing in that area this
      time of the year. We also saw white pelicans, canadian geese, coots, &
      variety of ducks. Great trip sponored by the East Bay Water District, it
      was free too!