Birding Solano again!

  • Robert Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Birders,

      LBJ Enterprise went to the Vallejo San Francisco Flyway festival over the
      weekend. The male TUFTED DUCK around the corner on the pond to the south of
      Hwy 37 in Vallejo (Sacramento Street) was a nice addition. The Vallejo
      crowd filled the hall on Sunday and Myrna did a great job once again,
      especially with the kid's activities. Across the levee's in Napa was a very
      cooperative SAGE THRASHER, Steve Tucker and I had the SANDHILL CRANE on the
      Reynolds Highway north of Willets in Mendocino, with Wild Turkeys on
      Saturday 27th Jan. I hear the Chico Snow Goose Festival was a success too.

      On Sunday on the Grizzley Island Reserve off Hwy 12, south of Fairfield,
      Steve and I recorded 4 LESSER YELLOWLEGS, and a snipe, peregrine and Herg
      Gull for my county boost.

      Next Festival Up is San Diego, early Feb

      http://www.sandiegonaturefestivals.org/birdfest/

      Yours Rob

      Robert W. Hewitt

      Wildlife Biologist - LBJ Enterprises

      Eureka, California

      (w) 707-442-0339, (cell) 707-845-3189, (fax) 707-269-0632

      Chairman, Godwit Days Steering Committee

      www.godwitdays.com

      April 21-23, April 2006

      Keynote Speaker: John Fitzpatrick

      Director, Cornell Lab of Ornithology