Dusky-capped photo

  • Jim Greaves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2006
      Apology for cross-posting, but thought someone might like to see a
      photo of the DUSKY-CAPPED FLYCATCHER that's been along Atascadero
      Creek in Goleta CA. Dustin Alcala and I were able to get excellent
      views of it, in full sun and mottled shade, this morning [Sun 08 Jan
      2006] between 0830 and 0930:

      http://mysite.verizon.net/res1uzgs/DuskyCappedFlycatcher.html

      In addition, the mystery call Lark and I heard and the ghost bird
      silhouetted overhead a few evenings ago were most likely this bird...
      After Dustin left about 0850, I followed the bird slowly, listening
      to its mournful call, as it foraged west in the willows, mostly on
      south side of the bike path but north side of the Creek; it made it
      almost to the west-most willow, near the rock revetment that marks
      the high tide zone, and was last seen foraging back upstream when I
      left.

      So, it's possible to encounter the bird anywhere from just upstream
      of the north-south row of willows and/or on both sides of Atascadero
      Creek to quite a distance away, at least westerly [about a 75-100
      meters from its center of activity]...

      Jim Greaves Photography
      http://mysite.verizon.net/res1u8vm/index.html