Great egret in Atascadero CA

  • Paul S. Highland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2006
      Earlier this week (I believe Wednesday), I backed out of my driveway and headed down the street to
      go to work. I hadn't gone far when I saw a great egret (Casmerodius albus) flying just above the
      trees. Not unusual to see one of these cool birds close to water (Salinas River, Atascadero Lake,
      etc.), but I don't see one every day commuting over a residential neighborhood over a mile from the
      nearest water source.

      === Paul H! in AtasCal